For Real . . . ?

DSBradley

I saw this and laughed but then I wondered. "It sits about 95% flat, there is a little wobble in the middle. A small hit will a hammer should get it back like a pancake."

Isn't CI a little brittle for that? :)

yes. I would try heat from a torch and a press if anything. (never tried it, and wouldn't try on a pan I cared about at first)

yes. I would try heat from a torch and a press if anything. (never tried it, and wouldn't try on a pan I cared about at first)
I'd expect that applying enough heat to soften cast iron enough to bend it is going to seriously change the nature of that cast iron. May as well try the hammer... a big hammer.

Im hard pressed to believe cast will bend with force. If you use heat it will more than likely warp before you have the chance to bend it.

I saw this and laughed but then I wondered. "It sits about 95% flat, there is a little wobble in the middle. A small hit will a hammer should get it back like a pancake."

Tell the seller to hit it with a hammer, and make it 100% flat.:icon_rofl: A little to you just might not be a little to the seller.

"Needs curing and cleaning"? Yeah, I'd say so. :chuckle:

I see that the same guy has a couple pieces of "Vintage" Lodge with the egg logo up for sale, as well as a "Vintage Benjamin & Medwin" Chinese (see noncollectible)

I have a Wapak Indian Head skillet that the handle stuck up so much it was uncomfortable to use. I took a hammer and beat on it until the handle was in a much more usable position. I was surprised how much force it took. This was many years ago, when I first started using cast iron. I would never do that on something today.

Bruce

I have a Wapak Indian Head skillet that the handle stuck up so much it was uncomfortable to use. I took a hammer and beat on it until the handle was in a much more usable position. I was surprised how much force it took. This was many years ago, when I first started using cast iron. I would never do that on something today.

Bruce

Must be possible because of the content in the older CI because im pretty sure anything made with todays standards would break.

Bruce

You did that on an INDIAN HEAD WAPAK??? :eek: Ok, you were young and foolish back then. I am SO glad it worked out.

You did that on an INDIAN HEAD WAPAK??? :eek: Ok, you were young and foolish back then. I am SO glad it worked out.

Wapak #3. I bought off eBay many years ago. I just looked up my old invoice. I paid $15.38 plus shipping. I miss the old days!!

Bruce

Back