Dual Logo Miami #7 Skillet

MikeL

I saw one of these at an antique shop today. It was just like the one pictured in the "Unusual Item" section with the Miami diamond above the Favorite smiley logo. Are these rare or just unusual? It was in excellent condition, no wobble, pits, or cracks. What would be a good price for this? They are asking $35 but I think I can get at least 10% off.

Unusual Dual Logo Miami

I found this one yesterday but passed on it. I thought about it all last night and went back to get it today. I got them down to $30 which is more than I like to pay but I didn't think I would have the opportunity to find another one, especially in this condition. I should have got it yesterday, I would have saved myself a 2 hour drive and gas money. I just put it in the lye tank but I took a before picture first.

Are these rare or just unusual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg5u3w4sz34cdb2/2017-05-26 16.53.57.jpg?dl=0

It's hard to say if the one pattern was made differently, or the two logos were on separate pieces somehow applied to identically shaped impressions in the pattern by the molder and some were inadvertently made reversed. I don't see the typical borders associated with that pattern modification practice, so my guess would be the former. The likelihood of there being many made from the oddball pattern would therefore be greater.

Muke, that pan is really nice! Now you have a better feel for jumping on the unusual when you find it. A good buy, I think. (We are assuming no damage, but my personal opinion is it's a good example of an unusual mark--can always hang it on the wall if you must!:) ) If it's intact, you may find it a fine user skillet. Congrats. on the score!

Thanks Sharon. The plan right now is to clean it up and season it, then I might cook a hamburger or an egg it. After that, it will probably see mostly wall time with the Griswolds, dual logo Nationals, and Martins. I just picked up a couple of nice Iron Mountains that will probably move into the user spots.

Back