Jalapeño Cornbread in Gated Turks Head Pan

SShort

If you put this cornbread on top of your head your tongue would slap your brain silly trying to get to it. Gated pan cooked in perfectly. No sticking!

Attachments

• EF33D709-D709-4F79-B70A-33925714D902.jpg
    EF33D709-D709-4F79-B70A-33925714D902.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 51
I just made jalapeno cornbread last weekend as well... using a gluten free mix from bob's red mill that I hadn't used before... it made more than I thought so I had to bust out several different pans... most were cleaned and seasoned only once so I was afraid of the results... also I only had the first two pans pre-heated because I thought that would be enough... but warmed up the other two to use up all the batter. turned out pretty good. nice kick, not too much.. oh also added a little bit of shredded mexican cheese to them.

https://imgur.com/a/eaj7j

bsr corn bread skillet, unmarked bread stick pan, griswold corn stick and finally a small logo #3 skillet to hold the last little bit.

IMO Cornbread (cooked correctly) is the best thing to cook in a new skillet/pan./ I know others say bacon is, but bacon-at least Oscar-Meyer quality that I can afford-leaves a gummy mess that is difficult to clean. When cooking cornbread make sure you have oil in the batter and put the pan in the oven as it is preheating then a tsp or so of lard or oil in the bottom of the pan before adding batter I love to hear the batter sizzle as it hits the pan.

Back