Pressure Washing?

Will R

I’ve looked and googled this topic and can’t find any information. Can you use a pressure washer to clean your cast iron when you take it out of the lye bath? I saw a video on YouTube where he was spaying them off with a water hose but not a pressure washer.I don’t want to learn a lesson the hard way. Thanks

seems like more trouble and mess than benefit... there isn't really any need for high pressure washing.

Thanks JMoss for the kudos. I had a wash rack area for horses when I lived in Texas and there was ample room that I didn't worry about run-off. It actually kept the grass along the concrete pad in check and I didn't have to worry about weed eating.
Just be careful in the process and wear safety goggles in case you get blowback from a curve in the skillet/pot and or waffle iron. I found it very helpful on waffle irons in particular.
I had a water bucket that I dipped the pieces in right from the lye tank or e-tank to minimize the chemical effects thus mainly the large chunks of crud was about all there was to clean up once they dried.
This process isn't recommended for all so be careful if you use it. I still use the same process here in Arizona.....no grass to worry about lol.

Back