Dating Vollrath

Roland B.

Don't get me wrong - we're still on cast iron...:eek: The best I can do is what I can find on this site, and that is that numbered (3oclock dash or not, dot or not, handle number peculiar to 3's)) or logo'd, they were made between the 1920's and the 1940's. Does anyone have information that may be a little more specific to when they were numbered, or when they added the logo, etc? Thank you in advance!:D

What I'm looking for is information on Vollrath that defines a time-frame wherein a particular logo might have been used, for each logo. For example ".7" = ~1889 - 1907, "Vollrath Ware - 7 - " = ~1929 - 1941, etc.

Fully marked pieces with TM are dated up to the 1940s; unmarked after, 1950s-60s.

That's hard to say for certain. From what little information is available, it appears to be the case. However, unmarked pieces with Vollrath TM ghosts could either indicate that the unmarked pans were made concurrently with the marked, or after the marked.

Thanks. I have an unmarked #12 without the ghost mark. I now have a better idea of its production date.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I had initially placed it between the 1920's and 1940's, but that appears to be the dates for the marked pieces.

don't almost all vollrath skillets have that outside heat ring? Did they really stick with the outside heat ring until the 1950's or 60's?

Although rare, some smooth bottoms do exist.

I don't consider a smooth bottom Vollrath to be rare. Would probably describe them as "not seen as often" or "harder to find" compared to the common heat ring skillet bottom but definitely not rare. I think someone posted pics of one on this site a few weeks ago and I've had 3 or 4 myself the past few years. Quick search on eBay turned up four and that was just the sellers that know what they have. I've only seen them as #5 and 8. Think I still have a #5 left over from my sale this past fall.

My first was a smooth bottom #5, I think I might have been the person who posted those pictures a few weeks ago. Also have one with a heat ring as well as an enameled one with a logo.

Back