Griswold Hammered Waffle Iron

Kyle S.

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on the value of this waffle iron? It is missing one of the wooden handles, it is hard to tell based on the photo. I could not find many sold on eBay that weren’t broken or incomplete. I wanted to ask two questions
1) what do you think it is worth?
2) what would you pay as a picker/collector.
Just curious. Sometimes I think I am a bit too conservative on what I am willing to pay. Let me know your thoughts,
Kyle
https://imgur.com/a/ENrVnaR?s=sms

Kyle....The BB p.90 shows your piece valued at $175-200. That price would assume the piece is in top notch condition. The missing handle isn't that much of a big deal. If you're handy at wood working it will be a piece of cake to duplicate.
Just being a "hammered" piece makes most collectors salivate when they see one. Since you only shared one pic I assume the base and insides are in good condition. I personally would consider the $175 price simply because you just don't come across those type pieces very often.
Difficult to tell anyone what they should do in this case.....Either you do or do not want it for what ever reason you choose. It would certainly look nice in our collection so you're more than welcome to gift it to me anytime you feel like it ...LOL.
Hope I was of some assistance. Good luck in your quest.

Thanks MD. The problem is they are asking almost double that. I am wondering if it is worth marking a more reasonable offer. I will think on it. Sure is pretty though.

Back