Flea Finds Today

Scott Cristina

https://imgur.com/a/T2OcP2A

I thought I had a good morning today. I stopped at a local flea market at dawn on my way to work. I was rewarded with a lot of cast iron to choose from. I actually passed on several other pieces as I was only dealing with what limited funds I had on hand and about an hour to play with. Here is what I found:

1. Griswold #7 "Erie" Slant Logo w/ heat ring
2. Griswold #8 Large block logo E.P.U
3. Vollrath Ware logo #7
4. Sidney hollow Ware #7
5. Favorite Piqua Ware "smiley" logo #8 and #5
6. P&B Enterprise toy spider

I was a happy camper!

I'm trying to post pics for the first time.... Here goes!

Yes,
I bartered with the gentleman who was selling but I am a regular customer of his so he did cut me a bit of a break. He knew the Griswolds had value but was not so sure about the others. He was asking $35/ea for the Griswold pans and 25 for the Sidney and 20 for the others. I offered $130 for all 6 and a toy spider from P&B. He accepted. Funny how I always feel like I could have bartered a better deal but I wanted them and I had to get to work so paid the man!

Everything was flat and rang like a bell but I obviously will not know until I get them cleaned up. I have a load in the lye tank now but this load will go in next. I will post pics when all is reseasoned.

You did great! If you've done business with the guy before it doesn't hurt to give a little more. It will most likely come back to you.

Back