What is This?

It's an 00 size skillet ashtray, part of a smoke set. Although the BB says $100, I think $34 is too much, but mostly b/c it's an item that doesn't interest me. It's original rubber feet are missing.

Thanks, I really wasn't interested either, but if it was worth $1000 I'd be there in the morning when they opened. :)

It's an 00 size skillet ashtray, part of a smoke set. Although the BB says $100, I think $34 is too much, but mostly b/c it's an item that doesn't interest me. It's original rubber feet are missing.

What is this "smoke set" you speak of (i.e. what were the other pieces) ?

What is this "smoke set" you speak of (i.e. what were the other pieces) ?

You can find it in the BB p. 186. It had a "skillet ashtray", "bailed kettle", and a "handled kettle". The skillet ash tray was not part of the original set.

You can find it in the BB p. 186. It had a "skillet ashtray", "bailed kettle", and a "handled kettle". The skillet ash tray was not part of the original set.

I believe a have miniatures like that from a CI toy stove (1950s vintage), but not a real ashtray-sized piece (though I have seen these around in the wild).

I guess I need to get myself a Blue-book...

I have one of the little three legged bailed kettle things.. I don't think it was part of the smoke set... it's marked 'windproof ashtray' with a number... it doesn't have the little 'grate' that sits on the top... it was included in several small items I bought as one lot at an auction.

Back