Martin Wood Stove information

JMartin

Hello I just joined this site, I have actually been collecting cast iron items for many years. It probably started with Hit & Miss engines in the late 80's and expanded to all cast iron items, I really enjoy it! I was just trying to find out some information on a Martin Wood Stove I bought at a Farm Auction last weekend,,Thanks

Attachments

• Martin Stove (22).jpg
    Martin Stove (22).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 76
out a Florence, Alabama*they've been around since the early 1900 and I think they finally went out of business in the late 90's. they made mostly stoves and heating stuff like sad irons heaters. they made pans other things cast iron, even I think they even made furniture

What a beautiful stove! Looks to be in very good condition too--ones of that general type which I have seen are usually beyond repair. Hope you can figure out a way to use it!

Nice stove. I really like them because of their dual-purpose application. Welcome to our neck of the woods J. Martin.

I'm Scott

Hey Thank's Guy's,,I plan on keeping it, I'm kinda partial to the brand name, I have a few Martin skillets and griddles that will go well with it.

May I ask a question of J Martin, or anyone else with experience in using wood cook stoves? I can see that the stove in your picture is a no. 8; therefore, is the largest stove eye a no. 8 also? Thanks for any enlightenment! When I saw stoves like this in use, I was too young to understand much about them.

I'm not sure about size's and numbers? This one has # 8-16 & Perfection cast on the other side. I picked up this other wood burning cook stove a few months ago.

Attachments

• Clyde's town property,,& new wood stove (5).jpg
    Clyde's town property,,& new wood stove (5).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 31
JMartin, that is a really nice stove. Welcome to the forum. What kind of skillet is that big one lying in the truck bed next to the first stove you posted?

Back