Lodge Markings Confusion

MelanieC

I have read everything I could find online about Lodge markings through the years but it all seems clear as mud and terribly inconsistent. Trying to decide, of my three Lodge corn stick pans, which order they were made.

This one has "Lodge 27C2" and "USA" on opposite ends on the back

This one has "NO 27" on one of the sticks and a "2" at the other end on the underside of handle

This one just has "27C" on one end and no other markings

When did companies first start making corn stick pans?

I am not too familiar with Lodge after c.1950 which may be a date your pans were made after. Wagner was the first with a corn cob pan, patented in 1920. That patent precluded other companies from making corn cob pans until the patent ran out. That is why, I think, that Griswold first came out with a wheatstick pan, then a combination cornorwheat and, finally and later, their own corn cob pan in the later 1930s I think it was.

The one with "USA" on it would place it after the early 1960s, making it the latest of the three. The one marked "NO 27" just "feels" like the oldest to me. Lodge made these from 1935 up to and maybe past the 1970s, with several variations including both round and elliptical hanging holes, and button feet and elongated tapered bar feet.

Back