Insulated Handle Covers

TedW

CI handles get hot. Does anyone like the little handle covers? Any product folks here like to use?

I like the lodge silicone handles the best. IMO

10546-Lodge-Kitchen-Gear-Silicone-Hot-Handle-Holder-Black.aspx

CI handles get hot. Does anyone like the little handle covers? Any product folks here like to use?

I just use a big potholder glove, but have thought about the handle covers. It just seems like they'd catch on fire.

"Any product folks here like to use?"

Yes, thrift store stainless steel spatulas, spoons, etc.. Ecko/Flint and Stainless Japan utensils work great. It's almost become a side collection. If there's no iron, I hit up the bin full of utensils and see what goodies I can find.

I've got one of those red Lodge silicone handles, and for the most part- it does a pretty good job. It is starting to crack- but I've had it for about 3 years...

I have a big potholder that I wish I hadn't used: see the burnt spot on the red sleeve? That attached to the handle of one of my CI enamel pans. Can't get it off the pan and having the enamel on the outside (le creuset) am afraid to lye it.

The Lodge pan handle covers arrived, and are nice. Fast and secure. Seems like they'll work well.

Thanks John E!

Back