Can Anyone Confirm manufacturer?

JMoss

I bought this DO a few weeks ago and prior to cleaning I was told it is BSR. Now that it is clean you can see several distinctive features. The ends of the bail are turned out, there are "support castings" under the ears that the bail attaches to, there is a tab/small handle to help stabilize the pot when it is being lifted, the cooking surfaces have a swirled finish and the only mark is the "8" on the bottom.

Can any of you BSR fans confirm this is or is not a BSR product?

https://plus.google.com/photos/1183...s/5897937604966733457?authkey=CLeXorGo3eKVtwE

Upon closer inspection, I would say no. The handle attachments don't match other confirmed BSR I've seen, plus it has no pour spout, which is also a BSR DO characteristic. There is a completed listing on eBay for a BSR DO that has no pour spout, but I can say with some certainty that the pot shown is an unmarked Wagner.

I'm saying the pot in the completed auction was an unmarked Wagner, not yours.

I concur on the lid. I was about to say what about no heat ring, but I'm seeing an identical piece in completed auctions that is definitely Lodge markings. So that looks like this one just preceded the addition of DO under the 8.

Lodge #8 DO Listing

In my understanding both the early and later BSR covers have dimples, ie, small depressions. These appears to be raised bumps.

Therefore, not BSR nor any brand I am familiar with.

jmoss' lid does have dimples. Sometimes the brain interprets raised areas or depressions as the opposite in images where light strikes them from an angle. Dimples like BSR, but no pour spout ears make it an Asian import knockoff lid.

The most often-seen raised point drippers are Lodge, but they are always arranged in a grid and the middle of the top of the lid is flattened.

Back