Vollrath Variations in Markings and Age?

D_Madden

Having never encountered a real live Vollrath in the wild before this was never much of a concern to me... but I stumbled across my first one in an antique shop... #9, not cleaned up with the full 'Vollrath ware' above the number (at 3 oclock, sideways)... it seems to be in excellent condition, sits flat, I don't know the price, the tag was missing... but I was trying to get a better idea as to its age and the CIC info page on vollrath doesn't seem to indicate that there is any info about years when certain variations of the markings were used.

Does anyone know anything more than what is listed on the vollrath page?

1920's-1940's I would suspect but can't be sure without a picture of the bottom. I live 45 minutes from the Vollrath foundry and I only very rarely find iron made by them.

so are the one's with just the size and not the 'vollrath' name older or the other way around? or is their stuff just a mixture of markings for the whole range of production?

The ones without their name on them are from the 1950's-60's. They still make cookware, but they stopped making CI cookware some time in the 60's.

Back