Square Breakfast Skillets? Why?

TedW

These square skillets look cool, because they're unusual.

What's the purpose of the corners?

I am just taking a guess here but I am going to say it would make your eggs shaped more like a slice of bread. Sandwich shaped eggs?
I am thinking of the small square skillets that I have seen. The large ones would be better for bacon.

Last edited:
Because your spatula, your stove top, your bacon, and your toast are all squarish.
I just use mine for making tamagoyaki, a square Japanese egg omelette that I like to cut into long strips and roll up with my sushi. Good for frying squarish fish fillets too!

Must have never really caught on. Maybe round eggs and pancakes took away some of the square pan steam.

Still cool items!

Ok all you smarty pants.... Explain how I'm supposed to be able to cook an entire breakfast in this?

Griswold-665B-Breakfast-top,medium.1411352190.jpg

Eggs cook faster than bacon, toast can be done in the toaster, hash browns take forever, pancakes!? Really??? Oatmeal? Nahhh... :roll:

Start hash browns on the right. Then move to bacon on the left after 15 min. Then to toast and square eggs in the middle.

No pancakes or oatmeal today

I was told [ I think it was Bonnie ] that the sectional pans are not for cooking the food in but for re-heating the food / heated plate.

I think that was DougD that told you that Jcameron. I use the microwave to reheat.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Rick I think those squares are for Spam. I like Spam. That would be the perfect skillet for someone with OCD who doesn't like their foods touching each other. :chuckle:

I think that was DougD that told you that Jcameron. I use the microwave to reheat.

Rick I think those squares are for Spam. I like Spam. That would be the perfect skillet for someone with OCD who doesn't like their foods touching each other. :chuckle:

I don't think it will fit in the microwave, but if it did, I bet the light show would be fantastic!!! :tongue:

Spam... :-|

Back