Identifying Assistance Please

S.Roe

I’m new to collecting but I have a cast iron I’ve used for a few years. It was salvaged from our family farm, cleaned and re-seasoned. I would like to know if anyone could tell me more about it, Thanks in advance.

The only markings on it is the 10 on the handle.

Attachments

• IMG_6848.jpg
    IMG_6848.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6847.jpg
    IMG_6847.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
gate marked, single spout... probably aren't going to get a definitive identification... it's from 1870's - 80's... with a style of handle that was pretty common in that time period and used by a lot of smaller foundries.

Thanks, this is my favorite one to cook with. What’s the approximate value of this, my mom always tells me she wouldn’t pay me a dollar for that old piece of junk. I laugh and tell her it’s my favorite and I would never sell it.

that's hard to determine...but being a 10 its 'less common' than the 7's and 8's that I always seem to find. Its also interesting that yours has a smooth bottom... no heat ring. you can try to search ebay sold listings for something like 'gate marked single spout 10' and see if anything comes up. I have noticed that there seem to be more buyers for those really old pans now... and the prices are higher than they used to be. Being a 10 I would think $60-80...possibly more.

Back