Sears Wood Stove Install

https://imgur.com/a/lrWL1u6

Here is my Wood fired cook stove that I spent the last 8 weeks restoring. Feels nice to have it in the house finally. I have a couple things left that I need to do to it, but other than that it is all that I ever expected to see it in the house. The bump bar and brackets need re-chromed, and the small white door inserts need re-porcelain coated, Then it’s ready to use once the temps cool back down in the fall.

Thats a labor of love, but it was well worth it in my opinion. I wonder how many hours of work was put into it? Anyways, LOVE it!

Thats a labor of love, but it was well worth it in my opinion. I wonder how many hours of work was put into it? Anyways, LOVE it!
I can tell you I have about 10 hours disassembling it, 10 hours sandblasting and painting. 4 hours welding broken pieces, about 8 hours in reassembly. I used 8 cans of high heat grill paint, 2 tubes of 2000 degree gasket cement, and about $25 in square nuts and slotted stove bolts. I've still got to get a bump bar to go across the front of it so the top doesn't burn my legs. It was fun to do, I might look for another one to do and put in my outdoor kitchen at a later date.

Back