Great Finds!!!

Kyle S.

I rarely go to estate sales because of all the drama, but this one was worth it. So many rare pieces for fair prices. I love the gem pans. I believe the 947 to be an unmarked Griswold. The #11 Erie is as close to mint as I have seen one. Any info on the gems, variety and rarity would be appreciated because I don’t own the books. Enjoy.
https://imgur.com/a/BezXvrw?s=sms
Kyle

You definitely scored at that estate sale. You quite a few nice pans
631 Turks head pan is a fairly rare pan. 30s to 40s it's worth couple hundred dollars.
The unmarked Griswold 947 is the 4th variation. Fairly common.
The Griswold 27 is the last variation which is another rare pan. Which is worth a couple hundred bucks.
The Wagner golf ball is a fairly common pan I see them more than any of the others. Still a nice pan

Thanks Kev,
I appreciate you looking at the post and commenting. Thanks for sharing the info on the variations. The Erie is out of the E-tank and looks beautiful. The 631 is next.
Happy hunting,
Kyle

I think it is a second series because of the makers mark. Not positive though, I have not had the opportunity to own too many of them. It is almost perfect however. Perfectly flat and not blemishes.
Thanks for looking,
Kyle

if you don't mind sharing, what were the 'fair' prices... because you got some really nice pieces...
that 11 would normally sell for $200 - 250...is it normal skillet depth or deeper (like a doughnut fryer)... I saw a normal depth one with a crack in the sidewall near the handle sell for close to $100.
The turks head... I have the more common #140 and I paid about $75 for it but I've seen them sell for more... you just don't see yours for sale very often.
the 27 again is probably $100 to 150... the two golf ball pans are probably $40 to 60 retail.

I don't mind sharing. Averaged out, which is how I typically do it, I paid 28 a piece. Steals at that price. The ERIE is deeper than most skillets, but not deeper than a normal Erie. Pretty sure it is normal depth for its age. It was a nice score. I have had little luck lately. There are a few more enthusiast in my city now than there were before. Can't be mad because in the grand scheme of things I am new as well.
Kyle

yes, I agree... very good prices. and good pieces... which is the part I seem to be having trouble with these days... not finding any 'good' pieces for sale... plenty of three notch lodge and BSR century... found a badly warped erie #8 marked at $50... and the occasional small logo griswold marked at about the same... I did see a couple of nice clean straight flat grooved handle small logo 8's for $35 each... but didn't get them... I used to ignore the small logo pans as not being very collectible or worth more than $10 12 each...

Back