Help with Wagner Ware Gem Style "O"

LisaH

Hello all! I am thrilled to be here but this is my first post and I'm confused (I hope I do this properly). I have had a Wagner Ware Gem Pan for years but need to sell it. The problem is, I know it's scarce but have no idea how much to ask or if I should clean it first. I intend to put it on eBay but prefer fixed priced to auction. Does anyone have an opinion? It is marked: WAGNER WARE O.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 34
Not often seen. If the build up on it is not such that it conceals cracks or pitting, you may well leave it as-is. Since none have apparently been sold on eBay recently, the currently prevailing value may be difficult to determine; an auction style with a reserve may be a better option. Someone may be able to quote either a RB or BB value, which although outdated, may give a frame of reference for relative rarity.

Related: http://www.castironcollector.com/gems.php

Thank you, Doug. Hopefully someone has a book value, though I know it could be too high or too low, given the changes over the years. I don't even know a good reserve amount or where to begin. Thank you agin for your help! Lisa

the blue book which is the more recent version lists it as $100 - $150... but as Doug D noted, this price is at least 5 - 6 years out of date.
and an auction with a reserve amount might be the best bet... so if collectors really want to fight over it they can but you don't take the risk of giving it away either (because no one knows what it is or what its worth)

Thank you! You are both so kind to take the time to reply to me, as well as look up the information. I greatly appreciate it! I will get it listed on eBay in the next couple of days. With gratitude, Lisa

Back