Chicago Hardware Foundy enameled #8

JMoss

I recently bought a large lot of cast iron, mostly cookware. Many of the pieces are beyond saving and this is one of them. It is an enameled #8 and apparently from their "Sani Ware" line. I had never heard of it. I found the pan very interesting and wish it, above all others in that lot, was in restorable condition. I like the handle shape and the fact that it is fully marked Chicago Hardware Foundy arced across the top, Sani Ware #8 in the Center and North Chicago Ill. at the bottom. It originally came with what now appears to have been white enamel.

http://imgur.com/GQ0DYh1

If anyone has a similar piece in good condition, I would really like to see pictures of how great looking this would have been 'back in the day". Please post a picture if you can.

Thanks
Jack

Jack, I saw one of these on ebay a few months ago. I really like the shape of the handle. I tried to find the picture but couldn't.

If I were you I'd e-tank it, put at least 5 coats of seasoning on it, and put it somewhere dry. You never know, someone on this forum might figure out a gentle way to remove the enamel without damaging the iron.

Ty L
Remember the Frankenpan video? That pan has a better cooking surface than this one. Pretty sure this one is going to the recycler.

Jack

Back