Wagner help?

Mark H

Right side has the ". Nothing on the left side. Very light pan. Any idea as to the era this skillet might be. It has become one of my favorite skillets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 86
Thank you Doug for your response. Listed for 40 bucks and as I bought several things from the gentleman, he let me have it for twenty. Lye bath and some scrubbing and it has become a keeper. It is my favorite skillet. Wonderful to have in your hand. My son has his eyes on it for his glass top electric. Sits flat and glass like seasoning from the directions on this site for seasoning. After the seasoning part, I did a fair amount of bacon and pork belly and it has developed into a great addition. Boy wonder(son) might get this one for a birthday.
Sometimes passing one on means more than keeping it.

That's a great piece, unique but readily identifiable. Must have been made on a Monday morning. Isn't that heat ring going to cause a problem on the glass top?

That's a great piece, unique but readily identifiable. Must have been made on a Monday morning. Isn't that heat ring going to cause a problem on the glass top?

It sits flat on a stone counter top. His glass top is very well,used. Trying to talk him into gas.

Mark, I have the same #9 Wagner, except mine has both quotation marks. It is 1891 - 1910. I love to cook in this one. I think I gave $25 for mine about 2 years ago. Funny story, I bought it in an antique store in Wapakoneta Ohio, Where the WAPAK line is from.
Tony

if you look close at the picture you can see the faint outlines of the quotes on the left. I find #6's to be rarer pieces from Wagner before Wagner Ware

Thank you all for the help. Both of my children have caught the bug of cast iron from me. Health addiction I think. They both have their eyes on this one.
I have given them both a DO, skillets, and the son got a great griddle from my collection. Both are grown and now the first thing I get asked on the phone calls is" found any good CI lately"?

Back