Something very special !!

Jody M

Hi all, happy to announce that I became a Grampa for the first time this week. My daughter and I spend a lot of time going to auctions and fleamarkets together looking for hidden treasures. I picked up this nice Griswold #14 LBL recently, and couldn't resist giving the granddaughter a start on the cast iron collecting bug, :D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 71
The smell. The feel. Later the sound and the taste. That pic will explain the attachment down the road. Don't lose it. Cool.

Hilditch

Congratulations! I hope you realize she's going to outgrow that #14 really fast. I recommend beginning your search for a #20 sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone. Very blessed to have this new edition to the family. Looking forward to many years of 3 generations of treasure hunters.

Congratulations...I have three grand daughters and believe me they will have you wrapped around your little finger before you know it.

It's a little late in life for me but if I were to have another one and it be a girl I would seriously think about naming her Sidney and let her think I named my cast iron after her.:whip2:

" It's a little late in life for me but if I were to have another one and it be a girl I would seriously think about naming her Sidney and let her think I named my cast iron after her "

My only nieces name is Sydney, and it fits her well. I never put two and
Two together on the names till now. She is a little Tom-boy with two older brothers and wanted to learn and shoot the BB gun one Christmas morning when she was about 4-1/2 years old. I enjoyed teaching her I grew up the same way.

Steve,

Jody, when my granddaughter was born I gave my daughter one of these. It really comes in handy when searching swap meets with the little one. We can pile in babies and iron. :)
http://cdn2.radioflyer.com/media/ca...all-terrain-steel-_-wood-wagon-model-32_1.jpg

I've already given this some thought Bonnie. Almost bought a big, all-plastic one at an auction the other day, but thought I better wait til she's a little older and see what my daughter wants to use. Maybe find something together?

Back