jackpot ??

JMoss

I doubt that anyone remembers my post from March 2013 where I talk about passing up a huge stack of CI for only $75. Several folks said I should have jumped on it.

I had a second chance at that same stack last Friday. Forty two pieces of CI cookware + one aluminium DO (no lid) and two sad irons.

I'm seriously thinking about a second e-tank.

http://imgur.com/a/RKr6d

Jack

KevinE,
I sure hope so but I don't expect too much. There were several lids in there that I wanted and a few Wagner pieces. Several from Taiwan, 2 from Korea and 2 from Mexico and a whole bunch that are way to crudy to identify.

Kinda like Bubba Gumps box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

Jack

How about picking the pieces you might want out of the pile and making an offer on them. There is no law that you have to take all or none. The last guy probably only took 3 pieces.

Hilditch

Hilditch,
The guy brought them to the flea market at my request and it was agreed ahead of time it was all or none.

Jack

Couldn't edit my previous post, but I believe you got more than your money's worth in the stack of skillets on the top left, the lids, and the handled griddle.

Jack, you can always take the ones you don't want to the thrift store and donate them next time you are out hunting iron. I usually get a receipt for my donations and use it at tax time.

Bonnie,
That's a good idea and I might do it.

You have inspired me. "I wanna be like Bonnie" is now my official slogan. I rented a booth at a local antique/resale shop. Pretty soon there won't be any pans in under the bed in the spare bedroom and this hobby/habit might be paying for itself. Now if I can just find some CI as nice as the pictures you post.

Jack

That is crazy talk Jack. :icon_rofl: I wish I had more time to devote to the booth. My daughter wanted to get the booth down in Phoenix so it's a far drive from my house. The cast iron sells pretty fast. The problem I have with the antique mall is when I go to pick up the check I rarely get out of there with it before I spot something else I can't do without. Last time I was down there cleaning and stocking I found that flat bottom Griswold Kettle. Maybe I should get a set of those blinders they put on horses to keep them from being distracted.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Jack, I was really inspired by the booth I saw in this video. My dream booth would be set up in much the same way. Maybe it will inspire you as well. Thank you for the compliment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflIAzkwggY

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Jack, you should edit your slogan to read "I want to be like Bonnie...except that part where she showers homeless people with a BAC of 4.5!" I am living the dream baby! Living the dream! :chuckle:

If I ever had a booth like that I would go crazy trying to figure out what to keep (and use) and what to sell.
I have been having fun with this for a little over three years now and have waaaaay too many pans. The booth is the first time I've tried to sell any of it, although I have given several nice pieces away.

My sister has a winter home in Littleton (or Little something) just outside Phoenix, pretty close to where you live. I know you have picked that area clean. But their summer home is in Kennet Square PA and I have given serious consideration to driving my pickup truck to PA and doing a week or two of serious hunting up there. Do you think I might find a few (or a truck load) nice CI pans in the home of Wagner, Griswold and countless smaller foundries? If I can pull that off I will be asking the members here to give me a little guidance as to where I should be looking.

Happy hunting

Jack

If I ever had a booth like that I would go crazy trying to figure out what to keep (and use) and what to sell.
I have been having fun with this for a little over three years now and have waaaaay too many pans. The booth is the first time I've tried to sell any of it, although I have given several nice pieces away.

My sister has a winter home in Littleton (or Little something) just outside Phoenix, pretty close to where you live. I know you have picked that area clean. But their summer home is in Kennet Square PA and I have given serious consideration to driving my pickup truck to PA and doing a week or two of serious hunting up there. Do you think I might find a few (or a truck load) nice CI pans in the home of Wagner, Griswold and countless smaller foundries? If I can pull that off I will be asking the members here to give me a little guidance as to where I should be looking.

Happy hunting

Jack

My parents grew up in Lancaster which is pretty darn close to Kennet Square. I fully plan to scour Amish country next time I'm out that way, which could be a while so I'd love to hear about your CI hunting adventures if you find yourself in that area.

Jack, your sister lives about a mile away from my antique booth. I on the other hand live 100 miles away. Go figure? :chuckle: My daughter lives down in the valley and handles most of the booth business, I do the hunting and cleaning.

Thanks Ty. If I get to go I promise I will be posting about it.

Bonnie,
That Longest Yard Sale look like fun. The kid should be out of school at that time so maybe I could get to go. I sure hope so.
And you surely got the better end of that deal with your daughter:)

Jack

Back