Patty bowl fund today

Helen S

Hi all, found this gem today.
A few hours in the e tank and there is only minimal pitting. It's now ready to go in the oven.

Before
cdbd402ee80a46b901abd828cd9c782c.jpg

4c51acda26601fc76cf2a68bcb0fd532.jpg

After
dfc265c78f703b4a4d9095ab511baf5d.jpg

ecce6c214750c21a5b7bf54e55b2f1ee.jpg

89560e77ebb8bcad50519125cddffe2d.jpg

Nice work Helen S, I love to see before and after shots. Although, when buying, I like for people to think, "Oh, it's beyond repair...."

Wondering why the bail was removed. Neither lye nor electro will hurt them.

I removed the bail to get to the rust on the knobs. I couldn't get to the rust without removing it. I'll be putting it back on.

Beautiful resto on that piece.

Dumb question: What was the purpose of those or scotch bowls. Please pardon my ignorance.

I removed the bail to get to the rust on the knobs. I couldn't get to the rust without removing it. I'll be putting it back on.

I'm like you....find it much easier to remove the bails and clean both the bails and where they attach much easier. Great job on both the cleaning and the seasoning.

What was the purpose of those or scotch bowls.
Patty bowls were made to heat small amounts of oil to make patty shells using decorative irons dipped into batter, then fried in the oil.

Scotch bowls were designed either to cook foods requiring constant stirring or to be used for deep fat frying.

All the patty molds I've seen didn't have a "bottom" to them. They just looked like a pattern or a cookie cutter. What were they used for I wonder. Thanks for the video Bonnie and the reminder Helen.

I thought Scotch bowls were for cooking mash for the still :D

Scott

Thanks for the responses and the education. I've seen several of those mold sets still in the box, but did not put the two together.

Back