Newer Lodge #14

Paul C

Speaking of Lodge. I bought a huge behemoth off ebay from a local buyer for 15 bucks. I was shocked I got it for that price. If it was used once if it at all. It was in like new condition, no cracks and sits flatter than a pancake. It weighs 14 muscle building pounds. :)

On the bottom it has the newer Lodge logo but the egg icon in the letter 'O' resembles a hole versus the raised egg. It's indented. The inside is smooth. The milling marks are circular like it was put on a grinding lathe or something. It has an inset heat ring. At the six o'clock position it has USA D 14SK. It has a helper handle but it's more of a tab versus the newer looped ones.

I tried to find out what year it may have been produced but I have come up empty. I did find out that Lodge (I think) updated to their current logo in or around 1983? The outside of the pan is "cast as" meaning rough. DOes anyone have an idea about the time frame it may have been produced. I'll include a picture later. Currently at work. Thank you...Paul

P.S. I also have a modern Lodge 14" and when I compared the two the newer one fit inside the older one.

That Lodge TM with the egg logo, but not in a recessed circle, dates 1987-1993.

Thanks Doug. I attached 2 pictures. You can see it differs from the current Lodge TM. The indent is pretty deep.

Attachments

• 20180123_124306.jpg
    20180123_124306.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Message_1516739675098.jpg
    Message_1516739675098.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
That's an excellent price. It looks like it was milled at the factory. I thought they stopped doing that in the 60's? Did they only keep doing it to the larger pans?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

BTW, thanks for joining in. I noticed that it's your first posts.

Back