Unmarked and Old Lodge

GaryB

Picked these up Friday, cleaned and seasoned. I think the Lodge is old just because of the way the #3 looks. The other pan is unmarked except for an I or 1 on the bottom of the handle. Would appreciate any help on identifying. The Lodge is in one pic, the unmarked in the other two.

Attachments

• lodge1.jpg
    lodge1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 68
  • unmarked3.jpg
    unmarked3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 53
  • unmarked2.jpg
    unmarked2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 56
Always need a shot of the entire bottom including handle when requesting ID help.

Here's full pics of the top and bottom of the unmarked skillet. I believe the # 3 is from the '40's or '50's.

Attachments

• unmarked1.jpg
    unmarked1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 25
  • unmarked2.jpg
    unmarked2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Any ideas on that unmarked since I've posted new pics? Cooking surface is no where as smooth as the Lodge.

You'll need to be a little more patient, the forum shouldn't be thought of as real time answers on demand, and bumping threads is frowned upon. With time, you'll begin to be able to spot handle styles that just have "import", as in Asian or Mexican, written all over them. The Lodge is ca. 1950s. Being a small piece, the 1 on the handle likely signifies its pattern was one of multiple patterns on a single automated molding match plate.

You'll need to be a little more patient, the forum shouldn't be thought of as real time answers on demand, and bumping threads is frowned upon. With time, you'll begin to be able to spot handle styles that just have "import", as in Asian or Mexican, written all over them. The Lodge is ca. 1950s. Being a small piece, the 1 on the handle likely signifies its pattern was one of multiple patterns on a single automated molding match plate.
Sorry I apologize, I didn't mean to bump threads. Thank you for the information.

Back