Restored Griswold 151N Waffle Iron

WallyF

Here are the finished paddles and base. If I can figure out how to remove the coil handles, I may try to work on them further, given the nice job D Madden did on his iron.

A couple of questions. Does the "PATT. No. 151N" on the paddles and the "PATT. No. 153A" on the base mean Pattern Number? I think this is the case, based upon the table in

https://www.castironcollector.com/waffle.php

The only comparable item I can find is on Page 93 in the BB. However, it comes with a Stove Ring and was patented Nov. 24, 1925. None of these pieces mention anything about "patented". Any way to get a date range for this one?

Almost passed on this because I thought the $80 was too much. Perhaps it isn't as bad as I initially thought.

A couple of questions. Does the "PATT. No. 151N" on the paddles and the "PATT. No. 153A" on the base mean Pattern Number?
Yes, the N signifies the revision to the coil handles that screw themselves on rather than via an eyebolt down the center.

I suppose $80 isn't really too bad these days, if no damage or defect, especially with the high bailed base. I always wanted to be more in the $65 range on regular round waffle irons with low bases.

Back