More Magnalite

It always surprises me how dirty these are when I find them. Mine did not look like they do in the picture now when I bought them. I haven't restored them yet but I like to at least clean them when I bring them inside. I have never found one that was actually clean. I am not so much a collector of Magnalite as I am a shiner and seller to fund my CI collecting. :)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

DougD, I have seen how much that tea kettle sells for so I am curious if you found it thrifting?

Uh-huh...
I do NOT need to add Magnalite to my addiction. I do NOT. I do NOT! I do NOT!!!

Oooh, that sure is purdy, though!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

It always surprises me how dirty these are when I find them. Mine did not look like they do in the picture now when I bought them. I haven't restored them yet but I like to at least clean them when I bring them inside. I have never found one that was actually clean. I am not so much a collector of Magnalite as I am a shiner and seller to fund my CI collecting. :)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

DougD, I have seen how much that tea kettle sells for so I am curious if you found it thrifting?
Is the polishing process on those as dirty as I suspect? I know that polishing aluminum is a mess!

The 4133 kettle was found in need of restoration at an antique mall. My criteria on them is no deep scratches that I don't think will polish out and a handle in good condition; they're often cracked. $25 is not unreasonable IMO if those parameters are met.

Polishing is somewhat messy but wet sanding under a trickle of water is a good idea.

I do have the handle for the triplicate.

Back