Identification Help

MDavis

I have a Cast Irion #8 skillet I paid $8 for.

The 8 near the handle is Raised and the only other marking I see is a 87 on the back in the middle.

Any information appreciated.

Likely Chicago Hardware, they often are found with an 87 follow by a smaller letter on the rear. I usually see these in the hammered style.

Raised numbers would not be consistent with CHF, hammered or otherwise.

Really need a photo of the entire top and entire bottom, including the handle.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 671.jpg
    671.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 107
  • HD.jpg
    HD.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 94
so... inset heat ring (no notches), raised size on top of handle, raised (maker's marks?) on the bottom (center)... and that handle with reinforcement rib and attachment pad... that seems to be an 'unusual' combination of attributes.

I was leaning to a no notch lodge until I saw that handle. but even at that the position of the the raised marks on the bottom would be unusual.

Someone was asking for id on a skillet like that and,apparently is a recast,I have one with the letters at the back real big like 1 inch

Hows this?

Not sure what a recast is or means. The numbers on the back of mine are 1/4" maybe 3/8" big.

Attachments

• 87r1.jpg
    87r1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 53
Southern Mystery Skillet. I would agree. Has a early Lodge like look.
Is there grinding marks on the top outer edge or the skillet or where the handle meets the top edge or the skillet?

The raised 8, small pour spouts, inset HR, and triangular pad for the handle are all reminiscent of my "Southern Mystery Skillet". However, the ribbed handle and raised molders marking are not like my SMS.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Bryan, I agree the raised 8 looks early Lodge but the small spouts definitely do not and would have to rule that out as AFAIK, Lodge didn't start making smaller spouts until the three notch era.

Back