Hello from Rural Kansas!

ChristieA

Hello everyone!

I am new to collecting. Not so new to CI. I'm no spring chicken & grew up on CI.

I am lucky enough that I have my Grandmother's Griswold skillet with the original lid. I have always prized it as the finest piece in my kitchen. (The one thing I must have in case of emergency! LOL)

Recently though I started looking to clean & re-season my other pieces. Research brought me here. More research had me searching for older pieces for my mom, because they are so much lighter. (She is no spring chicken either) Newer cast iron is simply too heavy for her to use comfortably.

Well, the searching, reading, hunting, cleaning, re-seasoning really solidified my love of my cast iron...

So here I am, an old dog learning new tricks.

On the other side of my life...
My world revolves around animals (personally & professionally), my Mama, my husband & son (Empty nester), and battling my illness.

Work leaves little time, but I enjoy the absolute thrill if seeing a beauty come back to life! It is amazing how I feel when I see it coming back to glory!

I also just bought my first ERIE piece. A rust bucket of a Muffin Pan. I can hardly wait to start it!

When I figure out options for linking photos? From my google photos? Or Photobucket, I will begin posting some of those! I have documented every piece before, during, and after.

Back