Erie 2nd series #9 with Badge icon

DaveH

I have the opportunity to purchase a, what I believe to be, Erie 2nd series #9 skillet with what looks like a badge graphic icon on the bottom in the 1:00 position (handle 6:00 position) for $30. I believe this to be a 2nd series through research online but am not sure if it is a good find. Also on the bottom of the skillet in the 9:00 position (handle 6:00 ) is the name Stewart etched. I do not know what this means or of it is authentic Please help. I will try and attach pics. Thanks
-Dave

Second pic

Third pic with "Stewart" in 9:00 position

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 94
Also, Here's another pic. Based on these pics any rough estimate on the worth? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
If just some kind of "personalization", the extra name does detract from collectible value. I'm trying to tell if there is evidence of a sprue mark on the bottom, in which case it would be a recast. Overall, it looks a little "iffy". I'd pass.

I will take your advice. Thank you. I am new at this but am enjoying it a lot. Any recommendations on books, websites etc to increase my knowledge on collectable cast iron skillets and what to look for? Any recommendations on what pieces to get a collection started? I've been told not to buy bulk whenever the opportunity presented itself and to wait for quality skillets. I'm just not yet sure on what's quality and what's not. Thanks!!

I would recommend starting with the Home Page link in the navigation bar above, then click on Open All in the lefthand column.

I wanted to feedback on this, because I too had (sadly) a "ERIE" STEWART pan, it probably came from southern Ontario, Canada —*based on it being a family pan. Sadly, my #8 just broke today… I used it all the time, and when looking for a replacement, I went down this little STEWART rabbit hole too. My Cast Iron has the same kind of markings yours does… no idea what they mean.

Back