• If a web search for the answer to your cast iron cookware question has brought you directly to this forum, the information you seek may be covered in one of the many reference topics featured on the main website.

Quick Links: · Main Website · How to Identify Unmarked Pans · All About Cleaning & Seasoning · Reproductions & Counterfeits · Commonly-Used Terms

• Threads in this Recipe File forum should begin with an actual, typed (by you) recipe including ingredients, quantities, and detailed instructions.
    If a recipe copied from another source, credit should be given to that source. Readers may feel free to reply with comments or ask questions about the recipe in the thread. If viewing a recipe makes you think of one you wish to share, please start a new thread with it. Requests for recipes or for cooking help, and postings about other cooking subjects should be made in the Cooking In Cast Iron forum.

Lemon chicken with olives

This was my Dinner last Evening. It was great BUT next time I will add a teaspoon full of corn starch to the broth because I found the sauce very thin. It was really tasty though! I served it with Basmati rice.

prep time10 min, total time 55 min, serves 4

Ingredients:

8 skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs/1 kg)

½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper

1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil

½ lemon, thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed

20 large pitted green olives

1 tomato, chopped

6 clove garlic, peeled and halved

¾ cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth

2 tsp (10 mL) fresh oregano, chopped

Directions:

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over in two batches, about 5 minutes.

Arrange and nestle lemon slices, olives, tomato and garlic in and around chicken. Pour in broth; bring to boil. Transfer pan to preheated 375°F (190°C) oven and bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.

Sprinkle with oregano. No fresh oregano? Replace with chopped with parsley or chives instead.

Sounds good, was hoping for a picture. I’m having pork chops tonight
OK, Here is a pic:

QmKP0oA.jpg

Thanks Jennifer.

I made that for my boys about a week ago and they really liked it. It will be in my regular rotation now.

Back