Ballard & Ballard griddle

SpurgeonH

Well, I couldn't resist and had to go back for this griddle. Paid $65 for it. That's a crap ton of money for a griddle, but the RB says it's worth $150, so I guess I did okay. Assuming it cleans up good. It sits flat, but it does look like it is slightly bowed in the middle.

Made by Martin, these are seen marked in different sizes, but they are of the same diameter. Most I have seen the cooking surface isn't all that great. I think most collect them for the novelty of the advertising. I think I gave $40 for mine.

While certainly not current, Red Book prices are based on items in excellent condition. That griddle looks to have some serious pitting on the cooking surface. I'da had to pass on that one, Spurge.

Not too bad. I would pay that for what it is, but that's just me. I think its nice, even just to hang on a wall.

Kevin, I probably should have passed, but I've picked up a few Martin's lately and thought this might be a good one to add to that pile. Ha! I'm hoping the pitting isn't as bad as it looks. I'll admit, I was looking more at the advertising side for defects.

This one is too big for my e-bucket. I might try 30 minutes in the 50/50 vinegar solution first.

I think it will probably clean up nicer than you expect, but just not as nice as you would like.

Doug, I hope you're right and wrong. Ha!

Also, this is the place I bought the skillet/lid for the John C Johnson combo cooker. I looked everywhere, hoping to find the other two parts under a pile, but didn't have any luck. There is a really nice, perfect condition, Lodge DO there with a raised 8 on the lid. I would love to have it, but it will have to wait.

Is the 8 a camp oven or a dutch oven? they just stopped production on the CO. If it is a good price I would go snag that baby. Perfect for deserts when camping.
Kyle

Back