New Member Seeking Info

Martin H

First time poster. Been watching this forum for a few years. Just got up the nerve to make a post so bear with me. I have found this site to be quite the source of information. The bug has bit and I am enjoying picking up a piece now and then to restore. Using this site and a coupe of books I am learning what I have found but still question a few things. I was gifted a oven and lid from a friend of mine. The lid is a Martin size 6 this I know. It was on top of the oven and fit it well but the markings on bottom of pot has me perplexed. It has an s 7. Really cleaned up well almost too well to be very old I am thinking? I also have a three legged round bottom pot with the same type of cast bail attachment which has stamped 8k on its bottom. That round bottom had a lid that fit also with pointed basting drippers so lid is a lodge I believe. So do I have a couple of lodge pots with a mismatched Martin lid? I hope I attached my photos right and thank you for anyone that can help me,
Martin

Attachments

• thumbnail_0624191232_HDR - Copy.jpg
    thumbnail_0624191232_HDR - Copy.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 32
  • thumbnail_0624191233 - Copy.jpg
    thumbnail_0624191233 - Copy.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail_0624191234_HDR - Copy.jpg
    thumbnail_0624191234_HDR - Copy.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 31
Thank you so much Doug. I need to find a resource for the lodge numbering system. Any suggestions? I have been grabbing everything I can find cheap to restore. I am now an owner of many lids and assorted skillets plus this kettle and no matches :) . My quest for the prefect top and bottom continues.
Martin

Back