Odd Skillet Sizes

Will R

What skillet sizes are rare (HTF), that different manufactures made. I’m curious as to know what sizes are the hardest to find, thanks!

If makers offered promo or starter sets, they were typically the most popular and useful sizes: 3, 5, and 8. Sizes 10 and 12 were also popular. The in-betweens were often not seen as worth spending extra money just to have, e.g. why buy a 4 or 6 when a 5 will do most of the time. So the relatively less-often seen (to different degrees) are the 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 13.

Will,

I have found 6's and 7's fairly easily in my area. I have not found a 2, 11, 13 or 14 that I was willing to pay what they wanted for it. 4's are very hard to come by at a good price also, but I was able to find an enameled Griswold 4 SBL at a very good price.

Wagner ware #6 seems to be very common.The question I have , is what each manufacturer sizes are rare. Griswold probably made more 4’s
than anyone else, and BSR 4-6 and 9’s are rare. Just wondering what sizes for each particular foundry are rare? Thanks

Back