Went to the Dinkys John Wright Auction This Weekend

D_Madden

One thing I learned is: if I see any script sidney pans in good condition, buy them... there were a few different sizes... 8, 9, 11 and 12... I don't think I had ever seen the script on any size other than 8 before... the 11 was a work of art... the script sidney was bigger on that pan than any of the others and this particular #11 was so smooth it felt 'soft'. the 11 and 12 sold for $800 each... the 8 and 9 were around $300 or more.

Also, lots of wagner toy skillets... and a couple of toy skillet lids... yeah, those sold for a lot of money.

The other interesting piece was a marked W.C Davis waffle iron... it sold for $650!!!
I think the high dollar single item was a #13 griswold dutch oven trivet... it sold for $1300

if anyone is interested you should be able to search for 'dinkys auction' on the auctionzip website... it should show you a calendar view or list of sales... as long as you can get to the Nov 22 and Nov 23 sales you can still click on the 'bid online' button to review all the lots and the selling prices.

this link should get you to the Friday sale:

and this link should get you to the saturday session:

Apparently Mr wright was really big Wagner collector.. .hence all the aluminum and sidney and sidney hollowware and other stuff... he passed away in 2017 and his widow contracted the dinkys guys to sell his collection... this was a two day auction, 550 lots on friday, a couple hundred pieces of iron at their normal friday night auction (not from the collection) and then 570 lots on saturday (some lots were more than one piece) and this was less than half of his total collection.. .so they will be doing another two day sale in march 2020... hopefully with less aluminum... but, yeah.. .some pretty rare pieces.. .and there were some big money collectors and resellers.

I bought these... because they were relatively cheap and kind of interesting looking, and I wanted to work on my aluminum refinishing skills.
https://imgur.com/gallery/IdFxH6X

Back