Erie #9 DO: Age?

AaronWells

So I cleaned up this flea market find over the weekend and when I got below the crud I was pleased to see that "Erie" marking! Does anyone know the approximate age of this piece? Or could point me to some resources on Erie Dutch Ovens specifically? It was hard to get a good picture of the markings because they are very shallow, but it has "ERIE" with the quotes at the top,834x in the middle, and a big 9 at 6 o'clock. It also has a more stylized "2552" and "9" inside the lid.

I have a matching Erie skillet that I was able to ID as a 3rd Series using the helpful "Evolution of the Erie Skillet" chart on the CIC site. Is there anything like that for DOs? Thanks!

BsPXKQl.jpg

Look at the BB, pages 64 with pictures (Circa 1910), and pages 317 & 320 for catalog numbers only. Hope this helps.

Look at the BB, pages 64 with pictures (Circa 1910), and pages 317 & 320 for catalog numbers only. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I keep hearing the Blue Book referenced, but I can't find it. Is it available for reading online? Or do I just need to break down and buy a physical copy?

They're not online. Have to buy them. The blue book is The Book of Griswold & Wagner and the red book is The Book of Wagner & Griswold. I would suggest using the Amazon link here on CIC----wherever it is. I can't seem to find it right now.

I tried that, Bonnie. Nothing there, including the link that's difficult to find, takes me to Amazon or maybe I'm just not holding my tongue right.

Back