Cast Iron Clueless

KristaFritz

Hello!

I was brought to this site because my grandfather has recently passed and the family is in the process of going through the house. He has had this cast iron waffle maker as long as I can remember and I know nothing about it.

The family has put me in charge of the pricing and I'm (as the heading says) clueless. Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance.

(click for larger image)

Favorite Piqua went out of business in the mid 1930's... so you can be sure that it is at least that old...
as far as price... it depends... I bought a different variation of favorite piqua off of ebay a month ago for $75... but I know collectors like this more 'flashy' logo... so I would say $75 to as high as $125 or so (I've seen a square Favorite piqua sell at auction for around $125 with this logo, but the square is more unusual and unusual tends to mean more expensive)... you can search ebay for sold listings with search terms of something like 'favorite piqua cast iron waffle iron' and focus on the ones that are the same size and style as yours... that should give you a good idea of recent sales.
also note, yours has a 'high base'... sometimes those can bring more money than the low base... but definitely consider that when you are comparing to ebay sold listings.

Back