This Mornings Breakfast

John M.

Started the day with my modern 15" Lodge skillet, some bacon, eggs, bread, pequin chile, ham & cheese.

0bpGHPa.jpg

Then I took the 4 pieces that I found the other day, sprayed them with foaming oven cleaner & bagged them.

PQaSd6a.jpg

NcUIUQd.jpg

RBmHpay.jpg

I'm looking forward to placing them back into service.

Pulled the pieces from the bag today to look them over.

YUCK!!! What a mess!

The one that is most likely the newest skillet in the bunch, was clean enough to wash up & season. The ribbed skillet & the Dutch oven are still pretty crusty. I placed them into the lye tank with a few others. I'll let them soak for a few more days.

Everything looks great. One thing that's starting to tick me off is many of the youtube "chefs" who are saying that new Lodges are not good because they are a rougher texture. Although I do love to cook in older pans just because it's neat to bring something back from being unusable to looking almost new, the stuff I cook in them is no better than what I make in my new Lodge Dutch ovens.

What time shall I come over lol.

Any time is pretty much fine. Just bought a pig & had it butchered. Tonight was the first taste.

Its good!

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Forgot to mention that skillet is 12" x 2" deep.

Nice hunk of pig!

Upstate NY only 1,000 feet.
Question is this Cornbread a little sweet ?????

Yes. I think it is.

My initiation to Cornbread was my Jr. High cafeteria. Sheet pans were used as much as possible. I wasn't impressed with dry, crumbly, Cornbread that required something to wash it down with.

I was impressed with Famous Dave's. I'm almost at 5K' so I added 2 table spoons of flour & set the timer for 23 minutes. Removed from the oven & it was great!

Betty Crocker Cornbread mix is supposed to be good also.

This morning's breakfast.

i4B3sx1.jpg

This 12" Lodge skillet is becoming my favorite so far. The interior has a course finish & it's not exactly "non-stick" cookware, but I like the way it cooks.

Back