Some really interesting pieces

The pans this seller refers to as "skillet pans" are gem pans, and I'd jump on a couple of them if I were in an acquisitive stage as opposed to a divestment stage. Don't really know about prices, except if the skillet rack is really a Griswold, it is worth 150 bucks, as far as I know. These were reproduced, so take care if buying. If this is one person's collection, it's pretty impressive!

Yes Sharon, I agree.
Something about the skillet rack doesn't seem right. The hole in the "R" isn't as deep as the "O" and the "D" and the letters don't seem quite straight, like the "S" for example. Certainly a pass from my standpoint.
But there are some pretty nice pieces.

The skillet rack is missing its foot tips, but has all the hallmarks of the genuine item.

Most rack fakes are brass made to look like cast iron. The real ones are cast iron. A magnet will tell the difference. That said, quality can enter the picture also as CI fakes are possible.

Hilditch

The listed one has clean welds, the p/n, and also the PAF, which some real ones do and some don't. The fakes aren't seen with any of those, but as noted, a magnet (to the nameplate) should confirm.

And, in the final 5 seconds, it went north of $200. I also note that 29 listings from the seller ended simultaneously; not too smart when they're all of interest to the same type of buyer.

Back