Lodge Combo Cooker

Vintage DOs from Griswold, Wagner, etc. had the lid/lip joint ground smooth for a better seal. I don't see that listed as a feature, and doubt it's being done present day by Lodge. May not make any real difference, though.

I took a closer look at the PDF, and it don't look like the parts have ever seen a grinder. That is the reason I was asking if anyone had used them. I love my old Griswold DO, but I want something I can take camping with me, or to a potluck, and not feel like I am endangering an antique.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have that combo...for newer CI its pretty good....i use mine sometimes....mine came as a gift with the rest of the set....would do really well for campimg IMO.

I tired to order the combo cooker off of Wal-Mart's website. I opted for it to go to the store instead of paying shipping. Well, they decided to send it to a store 30 miles away, in the middle of down town traffic, instead of the one a mile from my house. So I had to do some digging to find a number to call and cancel the order. I am not sure what I am going to do now because I am ticked off at them.

You could probably find one on eBay, or the sell the, on Amazon. Mine was from Amazon I think....it was a gift tho, so Im not sure.

I don't do business with Amazon because of the way that they treat their employees. I haven't done Ebay in years, and they deleted my account about 5 years ago because of it.

Their is a big box sporting goods store in town, I will check them out next time I am on that side of town.

On a side note I talked to customer support last night and they issued me a refund, because it was their system that made the mistake. I may order it sent directly to my house in a few days (once the money is returned to my account).

I also noticed a bigger version (12 inch) of the combo cooker with the little small handles that is only a few dollars more. But I am still leaning in the direction of the 10 1/4 inch because I don't have anything in that size range.

I have never heard of Rual King stores.

Anyway the big box sporting goods store had almost none of their CI left, In fact I would say that 85% or more of their floor space was devoted to clothing. So I went back to Wal-Mart and had it shipped direct to me. I added a Lodge CI cleaning brush as well to get the free shipping. I have used the shallow skillet a couple of times to scramble eggs. It is heavy even for Lodge items. I am going to try out the deep skillet part this weekend when I have time to cook (I work evening shift)

I did notice a couple of small chips in the seasoning along the rim of deep skillet, but we know that is easily dealt with. The molding was of the usual Lodge quality. I fully expect that someone will enjoy using those quality pieces long after I am worm food.

Back