Hello from Sunny So Cal

CSNorman

My husband and I have always used ci. I grew up using it. He has been collecting ci for the past several years although we really didn't do anything with them. For the past 6 months he had gotten me a few more pieces to use in the kitchen. So I've been using them more. I started looking at several ci forums and joined several ci groups on fb too. So it seems that the ci bug is getting it's teeth in both of us know. Lol. I had an old chicken fryer with a lid that I got from my grandmother years ago, but never really used it as it was really sticky and stinky. After much research over the many different methods for cleaning/seasoning, we got Mr Stinky stripped, cleaned and seasoned. Now it's ready to be used. I also cleaned and seasoned another pan as well. Now that we have gotten our feet wet with the proper way to clean and season, eventually we'll start to work on the rest of the collection my husband has been aquirering. We both collect different things other than ci and this is now another new adventure we can share in.

Shannon:p

Welcome, Shannon! I look forward to seeing pictures of your collection.

BYW - California will soon have another piece of cast iron. My daughter lives in West Hollywood. When she was home for Christmas, we had fun cooking in my CI skillets. Yesterday, I mailed her one of the ones we used while she was here.

Hopefully, the additional weight added to the state doesn't cause it to slide off into the ocean during the next earthquake. ;)

Welcome Shannon from northern Ca! You've found THE greatest cast iron site ...

Don't worry about sending a pan to your daughter ... as i increase my collection up here, it'll offset the extra weight down there, as Spurgeon pointed out. We won't tilt off into the Pacific just yet ... :)

-sherman

Lol. Thank you both. Hopefully all the cast iron we actually find here in Cali will keep us anckered and we wont fall into the ocean. Lol. Both of us look forward to learning so much more about ci. Love this group already.

Back