BSR 7S with Ghost 6

Since the 7 S red mountain series had a measurement of 8 11/16" it just so happens that the #6 red mountain also has the same dimensions. That might explain the ghost mark. This is per modemac.com/bsr.

Since the 7 S red mountain series had a measurement of 8 11/16" it just so happens that the #6 red mountain also has the same dimensions. That might explain the ghost mark. This is per modemac.com/bsr.
That is true, but this 6 is at 12 o'clock while BS&R places their numbers at 6 o'clock. Lodge places theirs at 12 o'clock and the font looks Lodge like except for the line under the 6.

There's a guy who sets up at the Nashville Flea Market once a month (he's from Georgia) who sells only cast iron... I had stopped in and looked at what he had on display (and for sale) on saturday and I saw an odd looking BSR... he pulled it down and showed it to me and said, you notice anything odd about this BSR? and it was only marked with a size at 12 o'clock... nothing else... might have been a 7... it was the next day when I took this out of the lye and noticed the 6 up at 12 o'clock... so did BSR mark sizes at 12 o'clock at some point?

Back