Square Sectioned Skillet

MikeZ

Page 24 of the Red Book shows this piece as a Square Sectioned Skillet or Benedict Pan, made in the 1970s. The center section was used for basting. I assume it was used for making Eggs Benedict? I wonder how popular it was in its day. I don't think that this one was used at all and was pleased with the $12 price tag. It cleaned up nicely.

Attachments

• Benedict 1.jpg
    Benedict 1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Benedict 2.jpg
    Benedict 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 16
Hey, thanks so much for the research effort. How did you know where to look for this, with no patent number or even a date? Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't have a clue as to how to do this? A print out of the patent application will go nicely with the pan. This certainly clears up the mystery for me as to its use.

I did see one Ebay listing for this pan with a cover, but the book doesn't mention one. Another piece to go on my hunt list!

Last edited:
I actually study our CIC Resources provided thru our membership to this site and have found a lot of C.I. that I previously did not know existed.
My memory told me I had seen this piece before and I simply took the date you provided (70's) and found it quiet easily.
A lot of our "new members" fail to use these tools that Doug has so graciously given us and ask a lot of questions seen repetitively (which I don't mind answering) but sometimes questions such as yours make it a challenge to keep all interested and provide knowledge we are seeking.
You probably noticed in the patent info that the rights were assigned to GHC so your piece was made by them.
Good piece to have...clean it up and let us know how it cooks.

Back