Coincidence? I think not….

MikeZ

I've just got to tell people about my first ever Ebay auction.

I set up at the local Wellfleet Flea Market when my wife and I are at our place on Cape Cod, Mass. We were there this week and I had gone on Ebay to find a price for an Iron Mountain skillet. The first listing that came up was for a number 8 Griswold hinged skillet cover and I have that skillet, minus the cover. There was 22 minutes left in the auction and one bidder.

The description had words to the effect that the lettering on it was faint or hard to read and the pictures of it proved that true. I figured this had to be due to it having an Easy-Clean finish on it, as shown on page 47 of the Blue Book. I also saw that the seller lived in Wellfleet, the town next to ours and thought I might even know the seller. I was nervous, as there was only one bidder on it, but submitted a bid and won the auction. Turns out that I did know him and contacted him so that he could hand deliver the cover to me.

So, all of this a coincidence? I think not… Now, if I could just do the same for my number 7 hinged skillet.

Last edited:
Way to go Mike. You have to love it when things work out so well, we all know that that doesn't happen often.

Back