Todays finds

Magnalite 4248-m $4

Griswold #4 Sm logo $7.50

#3 inside a Diamond. $6.50 is it a Favorite or CHF? How do i tell?

These pieces are firsts for me of each manufacturer. Also, did i pay to much for the skillets?

Last edited:
Scott, my first thought is good buy! I don't think you paid too much. That's a very nice piece of Magnalite, too. You are having excellent shopping karma.:)

Thank you. i am having a little luck lately.
i passed on a Griswold #9 sm logo skillet for $20. now that i see ebay pricing i should have got it

Scott, great buy on the Griswold #4. In my experiences, #4s are extremely hard to come by. I especially like the grooved handle design, I have 3-9 in this design.

Here is the Magnalite DO after scrubbing with SOS. Cleaned crevices and logos with toothpicks. Still have to get under the handles and the inside of the bottom piece. Im not sure if i will have to sand it. Once i get the handles and inside done I will SOS it again and see how the finish looks

Nice work Scott, it's so shiny. I saw a Magnalite 3 quart saucepan this weekend and I almost bought it because I had never seen one that large. I might have to go back for it.

That one may have come with a Magnalite roaster or even a later cast iron one. Later Magnalites came with stamped metal or welded wire trivets.

Very impressive Scott! It looks like hard work paid off.
Bonnie, I would love to find a 3 quart pan like you mention; hope you got it, as I bet I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Back