Hello from Colorado!

Susan D

Greeting from the Rocky Mountain state!

I received a small used cast iron frying pan (6") diameter from my daughter a few years ago as a Christmas gift. Then I received a larger 12" new Lodge pan. The older used one was so much better for cooking, so I began looking around at our local flea markets and before I knew it I had a collection of 5 or 6 pans in varying sizes.

I think I have identified most of the ones I have, but there is one that is still a mystery. I will take a photo and hopefully someone here can help me identify it-- it is completely unmarked no letters or numbers or anything on it. It is heavy for its size.

Welcome to the group. This time next year may find you wondering where to store all your cast iron, if you're not careful! You wouldn't bore anyone if you listed what you have for pans, and submitting a picture of an unknown one is part of what this forum is all about.

Thanks Mike-- I have been trying to post photos of the mystery pan, but so far have been unsuccessful. Once I figure this out -- will post some photos.

My beginner collection:

1. Small 6 inch " Tools of the Trade " Asian, but old does not say where it is made. Great for cooking
2. 12 " Lodge circa 2012
3. 7 1/2" mystery pan- no markings - great for cooking
4. 14" Wagner-early 20th Century - recent purchase
5. No. 3 Griswold stamped with Erie, PA 709 "I"

Back