Some Off Brand/No Name Cast Iron

Casey H.

I have come across a couple of items a little off the beaten Wagner/Griswold path lately.

First one is a #9 round griddle. Looks to have a gate mark across the bottom. I can't tell if it had some damage and was repaired or was cast with the imperfection in it? Cast mark appears to be a 198 inside of a circle. Handle is distinctive and noticeably different from my other Wagner/Griswold stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next up is a #8 skillet. Marking on back says "10 1/2" skillet Made in USA." It has a flat head screw under the handle near the connection to the skillet. My first thought was a post 1964 unmarked Wagner. But is the screw consistent with this identification?

Last up is a Wardway griddle. It is my understanding these were made by Wagner for sale by Montgomery Wards under the Wardway moniker.

Anybody know anything about any of these? Any corrections to the information I posted?

Thanks,

Casey

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct about the griddle, it was made for Montgomery Ward by Wagner.

The skillet is also a Wagner. The screw head imprint was an identifier placed in the mold. It is stated on this website why it was done.

I have no idea about the first piece, sorry.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Nice find on the griddle.

Back