Electrolysis tank

JustinR

My tank will freeze in the winter right? Only option in my house would be in the crawl space. Im about to have my first "Little Justin" so im way to scared to put it there.

I wouldn't use it in your crawl space unless you have really good ventilation under there. Are you planning on using it this winter? If not, you could just drain it and start fresh this spring. If you are, you might consider a pond heater or some similar device and leave it outside.

X-2 What DSBradley wrote.

Also way to much moisture that is not needed under your home.

I am putting mine in my green house for the long winter.

I guess that would depend on how cold it is there, how warm the water was before you started, if the tank was under cover, and how long you use the tank. It may form a skin of ice but I wouldn't think that would be a problem. I've been known to be wrong before so maybe someone else can either back me or shame me. :) :oops:

First cold snap last year froze my e-tank solid over night. I had unplugged it and left the piece in the tank. Lets just say the tank ended up in the garbage and I had to use an axe to free the piece.

Electrolysis does produce some heat as part of the process. But enough to stave off a Michigan winter...I can't be sure, but I have my doubts. If you're garage is attached and gets some residual heat from the house, then maybe. Only one way to find out :icon_thumbsup:

I run both the lye and e-tank indoors, they are in the laundry room. I don't think the amount of gas released is going to have any effects.

Electrolysis does produce some heat as part of the process. But enough to stave off a Michigan winter...I can't be sure, but I have my doubts. If you're garage is attached and gets some residual heat from the house, then maybe. Only one way to find out :icon_thumbsup:

It did freeze up here in Northern VT last winter. Guess it will be time to play on the snow sled.:icon_rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I run both the lye and e-tank indoors, they are in the laundry room. I don't think the amount of gas released is going to have any effects.

I hope you do not find out to late. You can always put a T in your dryer pipe and put in 4" small fan. :icon_scratchchin:

I hope you do not find out to late. You can always put a T in your dryer pipe and put in 4" small fan. :icon_scratchchin:

Not too worried about a little extra hydrogen gas in the environment. If one reads up on it, it can actually be beneficial to the lungs. Considering how much smog is in the average city, and what we breathe on the average day...

Not too worried about a little extra hydrogen gas in the environment. If one reads up on it, it can actually be beneficial to the lungs. Considering how much smog is in the average city, and what we breathe on the average day...

It's not the breathing we're worried about. It's the surprise you'll get when you turn on the dryer with the eTank going without ventilation.

Every time we travel to some far away place, ( well anywhere) I cannot drink the water. Are you now telling me that I cannot breathe the air. Out here the only smell OH! Smog we have is when they are spreading cow S%#T on the fields.:headpop:

First cold snap last year froze my e-tank solid over night. I had unplugged it and left the piece in the tank. Lets just say the tank ended up in the garbage and I had to use an axe to free the piece.

I have no problem making sure I never unplug it if that'll keep it liquidified! :icon_scratchchin:

Ahh, the sweet smell of home! :mrgreen:

OH! But it does make everything soooo GREEN:mrgreen::mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I have no problem making sure I never unplug it if that'll keep it liquidified! :icon_scratchchin:

What is your location? Remember mother nature holds that card close to her heart.:eek:

I too have been wondering about running my stainless e tank in my unheated garage during a cold Maine winter as i have no options for running it in my home. I'm thinking if I wrap the tank with heat trace & cover it with insulation it might work OK. I'd unplug the heat trace when I had the e tank running, of course. Has anyone here tried anything like this?

Back