Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > Show & Tell

Notices

Show & Tell Share Your Cast Iron Cookware Finds and Restorations

Old 01-31-2020, 11:22 AM

Default Does Anyone Know the Differences Between the Griswold Broiler Pieces

the blue book shows a couple of unmarked broilers and the two piece 875 876... this one is part of the 878 880 pair... with a very different looking way of keeping the two pieces together.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Jfd2GLg
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Does Anyone Know the Differences Between the Griswold Broiler Pieces

Not exactly sure of your question but assuming that the pic you have posted does not have the top piece that goes with it??? If so the top piece (880) would set atop the bottom piece (878) and interlock so as to cover the wide spaces in the bottom. I've been looking for years for the top grid (p/n 876) for my double broiler as shown in the BB, p.158. They were apparently prone to cracking because every time I think I've located one it has been broken in some sort of way usually broken ribs. Good luck with your piece.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Does Anyone Know the Differences Between the Griswold Broiler Pieces

the book showed one that looked like this one, but indicated that it was not marked... but it showed the other two piece style and indicated that it was marked... just wondered where mine fit in, being the 'other' style but marked...

this was bought at an estate sale near me... and after looking over some pics of items for the sale it appears both pieces were there together at some point, but its possible that someone else bought the one piece before I got there... so unless they already had a bottom piece... they will be looking for the piece I have to complete the set... and vice versa. or it was somewhere separate from the piece I bought and I didn't see it and its still there (the sale goes through sunday)... I'll go back tomorrow and look around some more. I'd hate for the right two pieces to be separated now, after all these years.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:48 PM

success!
it was there... one was hanging on a wall in a hallway.. .the other was in one of the rooms... someone probably moved it... but it was still there when I went back and it was 40% off... although it looks like there is a small crack in one section of the top piece.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bw2gi4s