#10 high dome smooth lid

RLMuse

Was at the swap meet today that I hadnt been to in years and came across a booth with some old rusted skillets in a pile and a couple DOs. I dug through them and there was one Wagner Ware #3 skillet and the rest were lodge and no name. Told the guy runnig the booth that I was looking for old cast iron. He said "I have a few more pieces in the back" and let me look inside his storage shed. Couple of DOs with bad fitting lids and one with a lid fitted with pour spouts on. DO without. Pulled it out from under a shelf (heavy, full of horseshoes and nails. DO was no name but lid was #10 Large logo smooth top high dome skillet cover. Large logo inside, raised 10 above. Reads "SELF BASTING PAT. 1,330,209-1,554,360.

Guy asked $15.

Got home looked on EBay, one just sold for $145, another listed for $160.

Think I scored on this one.

Now I need to find a skillet to mate it up with.

The examples I noted above were all small logo Griswold #10 skillet covers.

I have not been able to find any references to the value of the large logo #10 cover.

Anyone with any information about the possible value of this cover, please chime in.

If this turns out to be a valuable piece, ($200 - $300) then it will pay for all my skillets purchased to date, and possibly fund more purchases in the future.

While the #3 and #4 command the highest prices of the high dome plain skillet covers, the larger sizes are valued lower, the #10 shown at $50 in the latest BB. Logo sizes are not specified.

Yours is p/n 1100, yes? Last one w/LBL went for $71. The logo is not shown in the photo, but the description references the patent numbers, which do not appear on the small logo version.

Back